Kick off the New Year with a career at TDS!
If you are the go-to person for friends and family when it comes to troubleshooting their technical issues, and the thought of new techie gadgets and upgrades get you excited... Then we want you on our Help Desk team! We are currently hiring for our February training class in Madison, WI.
The Tech Support Advisor position is a shift position that provides 7/24/365 support of TDS customers. Specifically, this position will:
- Provide first contact support for residential and small business customers to resolve service repair/installation, video, voice and HSD connectivity issues
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers’ expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
- Answer calls in a Call Center environment, generating trouble tickets and updating tickets, as needed, until the issue is resolved
- Interface between customers and technicians by effectively gathering the required information from customers via scripts and troubleshooting experience and documenting them in a trouble ticket.
Training starts on Feburary 7, 2018. Full-time 40 hours per week; multiple shifts available; $14.70/hour. This position is also eligible for our EXCELLENT benefits package - many benefits start on Day 1!
- Paid 3 week classroom style training
- Potential to work at home (remote) after introductory period is completed and successful performance is demonstrated
- Paid time off: 10 vacation days and 5 personal days accrued per year, separate sick time accrual and paid Holidays!
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits with coverage that starts day 1!
- Educational assistance after you are employed 1 year
- 401K, promotional opportunities, and more!
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer troubles in the most expeditious manner, thus achieving our service level requirements
- Respond, troubleshoot and if necessary generate a trouble ticket for residential & small business customers’ repair/installation (service interruptions, requests, complaints & etc.), issues. This may include the following tasks:
- Using various programs but not limited to, Aspect Uniphi Connect (ACD), UTS, CSG, BBX and web-based access to ports, switches and voicemail.
- Conducts initial troubleshooting including using knowledge of cable/video products and services, prior to entering ticket.
- Educate customers on technical issues in order to prevent repeat customer calls.
- When applicable, relay ticket status with customer and team-members.
- Defuse high tension situations by taking ownership, demonstrating empathy, proposing alternatives and negotiating credits when appropriate. If necessary, escalate issue to the next level of support.
- Respond to customer e-mail inquiries.
- Respond to customer online Chat inquiries.
- Regular attendance and promptness for work are essential functions of this position because absenteeism and tardiness significantly impact the ability of the Company and coworkers to meet our customers' needs.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant TDS products and services.
- Utilize sales techniques to ensure customers are matched up with relevant TDS products.
- Technical certification or above -OR- 6 months experience in basic troubleshooting and diagnostic support for video, voice and internet products and services -OR- current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- 6+ months customer service, help desk, or call center experience.
- 1+ years experience using a PC.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers’ needs.
- Call Center or Help Desk experience
- Preferred Associate Degree or Technical Certification in a Computer related field
- Understanding of the telecommunication industry
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services
- Problem solving skills (i.e. customer complaint handling, problem identification, escalations)
- Experience with (but not limited to) ACD, trouble ticketing systems, plant record or inventory systems, software skills in business applications, such as spreadsheets, database applications and word documents
- Ability to adhere to schedule
- Illustrated diplomacy, tactfulness and empathy when dealing with customers
- Exemplified ability to defuse escalations and high tension situations
- Well-developed ability to appease customers experiencing service outages and difficulties
- Ability to listen actively and ask clarifying questions to seek understanding
- Experience going above and beyond duty to delight customers
- Must have a genuine drive for customer satisfaction and retention
- Demonstrated sales experience
Decision making and Self-Management
- Skills in troubleshooting, solving problems and root cause analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Capability to manage own workload while meeting team goals and business needs of the company.
- Proven aptitude to work well in a team or independently with minimum supervision
- Desire and capability to work and make timely decisions in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, analyze possible root causes and educate customers to perform troubleshooting
- Broad knowledge to assist customers with troubleshooting customer equipment (CPE, computers), inside wiring (IW) and using their products and services
Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proven history of working with diverse groups of people to accomplish goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to listen actively to questions and inquires from team members, help and train other team members
- Maintain confidentiality
- Positive outlook in challenging situations. Ability to present concerns in a constructive way
- Promote strong team morale and spirit
- Help others adapt to change
- Champion process improvement
- Lead by example - Self-motivated
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.